Scikotics Newbie Chapter: High Desert xplr504's Avatar

Default power chips exhaust

Does anyone know of a chip that actually works and doesnt cost a lot of money? I have found a couple just looking through google but they all seemed too good to be true. Any suggestions? and I'm also looking for a good catback exhaust tht sounds good for between $100 and $200. I want a deep tone but not really deep
    Last edited by xplr504; 04-18-2012 at 01:13 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Scikotics Forum Whore

Default Re: power chips and exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by xplr504 View Post
    Does anyone know of a chip that actually works and doesnt cost a lot of money? I have found a couple just looking through google but they all seemed too good to be true. Any suggestions? and I'm also looking for a good catback exhaust tht sounds good for between $100 and $200. I want a deep tone but not really deep
    There is no chip that works for your car so stop looking and save your time and money. As for catback exhaust in that price range good luck. You could try to price out a custom one from a local shop but doubt it. The best exhaust for the xA/gen1 xB is the Thermal R&D catback but I am not sure if they make it anymore and it is about $500.
    National Sales Rep for scionpro.com
    Scion complete air ride kits from Easystreet on sale now..

Ask me about our new Dare 2B Different Coli Overs!!!

Scikotics Newbie

The best exhaust I have found is the DC sport catback for about $269

I Love Scikotics Chapter: Las Vegas wkd280zx's Avatar

Yea those chips...most of them dont do anything for ur car except cause you more headache in the end. Some even may blow your motor by changing your timing and interfering with the factory computer trying to "correct" the chip. As for exhaust i got a gen 1 xB and i havent been able to find anything "good" sounding w/ minor performance increase for less than about $450-$500. If you find something let me know as well lol

Banned

Honestly I like the Strup exhaust even tho it's a axle back. Never heard the thermal one so i cannot say. Look for someone selling a used one. I know a few people selling axle backs but to find a full cat back for that cash your gonna have to be really lucky.

VMFIC Chapter: Connecticut
    OG Scikotics

yeah i could not find a cat back at all so just went with the DC Sport axel back. has a great low tone to it. If you want a full exhaust your better off saving up and going to a local shop that can just custom make one for you and just weld on the tip you like.