Scikotics Newbie

Default Air ride in iowa

I have a 2011 xb and am looking to do bags. My question is will I have problems in the winter?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Scikotics Forum Whore

Default Re: Air ride in iowa

If you use airline anti-freeze and mount your tank/valves in the car you should be good to go in the winter. Semi's use air brakes year round and Easystreet is based here in Michigan so they do plenty of winter testing. Hit me up if you have any questions about air ride suspension.
    National Sales Rep for scionpro.com
    Scion complete air ride kits from Easystreet on sale now..

Ask me about our new Dare 2B Different Coli Overs!!!

Scikotics Newbie

Glad i saw this, ive been debating between bags or coilovers for my xb... i live in Southern Minnesota so i was worried about the cold temperatures as well.

I wont be driving my car in the winter though, any suggestions as far as storing a bagged car for winter??

Scikotics Hooker OG Scikotics Cody's Avatar

i have my whole set up inside my car, and when it got below freezing in northern oklahoma my valves and even my compressor would freeze. it was pretty annoying but it would work after letting the car sit with the heater running full blast for about 15 minutes. idk if this happens to everyone but thats my experience

Scikotics Booty Call Chapter: Jacksonville Resolve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ogerdgonz View Post
    If you use airline anti-freeze and mount your tank/valves in the car you should be good to go in the winter. Semi's use air brakes year round and Easystreet is based here in Michigan so they do plenty of winter testing. Hit me up if you have any questions about air ride suspension.
    And use Water Traps and filters in between compressor(s) and tank to help prevent moisture even more and that will help against possible freezing as well.
    Changes are coming..........

Scikotics Booty Call Chapter: Jacksonville Resolve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    i have my whole set up inside my car, and when it got below freezing in northern oklahoma my valves and even my compressor would freeze. it was pretty annoying but it would work after letting the car sit with the heater running full blast for about 15 minutes. idk if this happens to everyone but thats my experience
    But I have heard this happen to some and not to others. As stated Air brake anti freeze can help against this.

Some minitruckers would just go out and pour hot water on their valves to warm/defrost them. but this was with vavles being outside the vehicle.
    Changes are coming..........