PDA

View Full Version : Are Ebay Air Intakes & Headers Good???

NewMexicoxB
04-28-2006, 03:51 PM
Hey everyone, I found these products on ebay, and thought I would buy them, but i thought i'd ask yall first.. anyway here is the link to the header and air intake.. the air intake is good I know that, but no filter.... and also, im not considering that intake.. rather just one of those ones that way (Polished air intake system for scion xB with blue filter) there like $35.99 and $18.00 shipping, lol. so are these any good and also are those no name ones good the one with the blue filter haha, anyway take a look

HEADER LINK:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-05-SCION-XB-X-B-DC-S-S-STAINLESS-STEEL-HEADER-04_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33631QQitemZ80582416 97QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

AIR INTAKE LINK:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-2004-Scion-XB-Injen-IS2100P-Air-Intake-System-NIB_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38634QQitemZ8060173 767QQrdZ1

scionara_tC
04-28-2006, 03:53 PM
Hey everyone, I found these products on ebay, and thought I would buy them, but i thought i'd ask yall first.. anyway here is the link to the header and air intake.. the air intake is good I know that, but no filter.... and also, im not considering that intake.. rather just one of those ones that way (Polished air intake system for scion xB with blue filter) there like $35.99 and $18.00 shipping, lol. so are these any good and also are those no name ones good the one with the blue filter haha, anyway take a look

HEADER LINK:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-05-SCION-XB-X-B-DC-S-S-STAINLESS-STEEL-HEADER-04_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33631QQitemZ80582416 97QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

AIR INTAKE LINK:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-2004-Scion-XB-Injen-IS2100P-Air-Intake-System-NIB_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38634QQitemZ8060173 767QQrdZ1

my rule of thumb is always "You get what you pay for". You gotta think, why would a reliable company charge $200+ for an intake if you can make a good one for under $40? :ponder:

aZepolyn
04-28-2006, 04:10 PM
Well ... according to the auctions they are the DC Sports header and Injen CAI/SRI (I'm not really sure which application they have for the xB).
That being said they're good products. What you have to ask yourself is:
A: Why are they selling them for so cheap?
B: Are they items they're selling really what they claim?

This is a totally up to you call. The header makes claims to be DC-S, but no pictures of actual product or box. Also only 4hrs right now until auction ends. At the same time, he has some negative feedbacks, one stating the item wasnt as advertised, another stating it didnt fit the advertised vehicle.
The intake still has a few days to go, and has a bid on it already, PLUS he has no negative feedback.

totally up to you, its kinda like gambling.

NewMexicoxB
04-28-2006, 04:35 PM
So, in other hand there good products.... BUT, they might not be what they say, like in other wise, Im just throwing away my money to people that might be selling me cheap imitation stuff that isent what it really says it is... so I should just buy the real thing and not get gipped for something that might not fit, or not be that header/intake... and another thing, do yall think those air intakes with no name, with like a blue air filter are any good?

aZepolyn
04-28-2006, 04:36 PM
what intake is that? Not familiar with those ...

J_R_Ceja
04-28-2006, 04:54 PM
Glad to see somebody post this stuff up cause there's alot of stuff on e-bay you need to watch out for. :shock:

mafiamike
04-28-2006, 04:55 PM
You have to start using the "search" feature on ScionLife before posting here. I'm serious. I want you to search for what your looking for using 3 different ways to phrase it before you ask questions. That is all.

-The xB forum Mod. That's right nigga, I'll lock yo shit!

scionara_tC
04-28-2006, 05:09 PM
ease up Mike... we've been around long enough to know better, but this dude's pretty new to us. i don't disagree, search, search, search....

and use common sense bro...if it sounds too good to be true... you know the rest.